In its inaugural week, Networks of Doom took a look at the online activities of Preppers/Survivalists – people who so strongly believe that American society is on the verge of collapsing that they are stockpiling food, weapons and gear to survive in its aftermath.
What did we learn?
- Preppers have a huge and active blog presence.
- Their forums are pretty friendly to newbies, all things considered.
- Prepper podcasts are well done, but geared toward those already converted.
- Preppers like them some internet privacy.
- You will need many fingers and a few toes to count all the ways they believe doom will strike.
- Their online community is kind of a sausage fest.