Networks of Doom has been covering the extensive coverage of the end-date of the Mayan calendar – this December 21st. Will the world come crashing to an end? Or did some Mayan scribe just decide to have a bit of fun with the chisel one afternoon? Here’s what we learned:
- Mayan civilization was pretty neat as far as civilizations go.
- They utilized three different calendars for telling time – and their long-count calendar says our time is about up.
- Those inhabiting the Mayan ancestral homelands are anxious to cash in on the worldwide interest.
- UFO enthusiasts, New Age types, and the ultra-religious are the most likely to truly believe Dec. 21st will bring Armageddon.
- A dude is making a documentary claiming an alien/Mayan connection, and he is also claiming to be late actor Raul Julia’s son, which may or may not be true.
- How exactly do we know so much about what a long-gone civilization believed, anywho?